Ice cream, chocolate, truffles, and cookies: these delicious treats can literally medicate you.
Evidence proves that eating chocolate
- Releases endorphins in the brain, which act as pain-relievers and make you more blissful and less cranky
- May reduce stress and have a calming effect
- Does not give someone acne or other skin eruptions
- Does not trigger migraine headaches
- Eating moderate amounts of chocolate makes one live almost a year longer,
- And that’s not all. About an hour after indulging in such melt-in – your- mouth luxuries, the mood-boosting hormone serotonin joins the party.
Alas, this sweet effect works temporarily, but it also make your condition worse in the long run
As somebody quotedI don’t understand why so many “so called” chocolate lovers complain about the calories in chocolate, when all true chocoholics know that it is a . It comes from the cocoa bean, beans are...
veggies”.There is more to a chocolate than just the veggie part.
- Sugar highs are usually followed by the sugar blues, as your blood sugar crashes and you feel worse than before.
- Sugar in chocolate contributes to weight gain, which can promote depression.
- Chocolate contains a high amount of stearic acid, a saturated fat, that elevates LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein) cholesterol level in the blood thereby increases the risk of coronary artery disease and coronary death.
- Sugar feeds Candida, yeast that grows out of the control in the presence of excessive sugar and starches.
“I could give up chocolate but I’m not a quitter”. Well the choice is yours!!