Cell phone usage and the ill-health effects associated with it have been of a significant concern. Pregnancy specifically is a very critical and tender phase for both mother and the child. Repercussion of ignoring the health during this critical phase can be seen in mother as well as child in the form of various disorders, some being irreversible ones. The recent study published in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health has spotlighted problems associated with the pre-natal usage of cell phones.
Statistics of this study
- This study involved 28,745 7-year-olds and their moms. Moms elucidate the details on their lifestyle including cell phone use during and after pregnancy.
- This set of mothers was re-interviewed after their children turned 7; about their kids’ cell phone habits and behavioral issues.
- Approximately 18% of the children were exposed to cell phones during pregnancy and after birth, and this was the group with greatest risk for behavioral problems.
- These behavioral problems included emotional symptoms, conduct problems, hyperactivity/inattention, and relationship problems.
- The data was coherent with earlier studies done on 13000 children from the same Danish cohort.
Solution to the problem
- Minimizing the exposure to the devices like cell phone is pretty much the only current solution to...
- Cell phones must never be kept around the abdomen region in order to minimize the damage to the fetus
- Some studies also point to the fact that carrying cell phones could also damage the sperms and lower its viability.
This research, as any other, has its own limitations. The study researchers state that the data is still insufficient to confirm their findings, but it is also recommended to better be safe than being sorry. Both physiology and psychology of your child will play crucial role in shaping them and their future and hence it in prime responsibility of parent to keep their future guarded and make their living healthy!
Source – WebMD