Fisher Price is one of the top brand names for toys for kids. If you have kids, you must be more than familiar with Fisher Price toys. U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has recalled more than 10 million children’s toys manufactured by Fisher Price. The recalled toys, which include tricycles and play places, pose risk to kids if they fall on certain protruding parts. Also, some small parts have choking hazard. CPSC released a statement that “Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.”
Which Fisher price toys have been recalled?
Here is the list of products being recalled in the U.S.:
- About 7 million Fisher Price Trikes and Tough Trikes toddler tricycles
- About 950,000 Healthy Care, Easy
- About 100,000 Fisher-Price Little People Wheelies Stand ‘n Play Rampway
- About 2.8 million Baby Playzone Crawl & Cruise Playground, Baby Playzone Crawl & Slide Arcade, Baby Gymnastics Play Wall, Ocean Wonders Kick & Crawl Aquarium (C3068 and H8094), 1-2-3 Tetherball, Bat & Score Goal.
- Pegs stick out and children have fallen on these pegs
- Good Morning America of the high chairs – Several have been injured, and seven required stitches.
The CPSC and Fisher Price reported that for many toys such as Playzone and Playground
- 46 instances of a small pieces coming free from the product were seen.
- In 14 of those cases, the piece was found in the child’s mouth.
- In 3 of...
those cases, the piece had caused the child to begin choking.
- Wheels from other small toy cars can come off and also prevent a choking hazard.
In how many countries the Fisher toys have been recalled?
Majority of recall is in the US. It is reported that small number of toys have been recalled in Canada. BBC reported that thousands of toys, high chairs, etc made from Fisher Price were recalled in the UK. To me it looks like, it can be a worldwide recall of Fisher Price toys.
Can I contact Fisher price?
Fisher-Price has set up a consumer helpline on 0800 0320 615 to provide further information.
Fisher Price is one of the toy giants and you would think that it should know better. The company is known for high quality of its toys, I hope Fisher goes to the root of the problem and eliminate any future risks to children. Keep your children safe and follow up on the toys that you have on hand.