This is an exciting era of web applications that are being developed to address the issues related with health industry. I am not only talking about the apps that doctors or health care professionals can use, but the apps that you can use to track your health like blood pressure, glucose, etc. Mateusz Mucha came up with an idea of logging and keeping your blood pressure online on bpchart.com
You must be wondering, what is the benefit of keeping your blood pressure online. Well, you don’t have to maintain a logbook yourself, this application will plot the data for you, export it in excel, give you trends and gives you ability to share them on facebook, twitter and even email it to your doctor.
Following you tube video give a good demo of the tool:
The main features of this BP Chart include;
- interactive graph that makes it easy to see the big picture (trends, effects of drugs)
- a table with all your information presented in a succinct manner
- Blood Pressure Chart can automatically calculate average values from multiple readings
- Statistics – average values and “distribution of stages” (“how often blood pressure was good, how often there was a pre-hypertension, etc.) for readings taken in the morning, in the evening...
and during the whole day.
- show your chart, table and statistics to a doctor on a public profile (This feature can be turned off for privacy reasons)
- send your records by email
- set up daily reminders
- import records from CSV files (MS Excel and OpenOffice Calc compatible)
- large fonts suitable for the elderly
Preventive healthcare is becoming more and more important day by day. BP is an important parameter that you would like to track at regular intervals as it can indicate an important aspect of your cardiovascular health. Make your life easier by using tools like BP Chart and live healthy.