You might have heard about iprescribe app, an electronic prescription application for smart phones. iPrescribe provides an inexpensive and complete mobile app for medical professionals, who are forced to adopt the expensive electronic medical records and electronic prescribing systems. The app costs $19.99 and provides a full featured electronic prescription application that medical professionals can carry in their pocket.
iprescribe provides an access to database of over 3500 FDA approved prescription medications that can securely be transmitted to the pharmacy stores of the patient’s choice. The writing and sending e-prescription requires as few as 3 touches.
Recently iApp Creative has released a new update to its iPrescribe app for iPhones and iPads that offers following features-
- Transmit and receive electronic prescriptions.
- iPrescribe is Surescripts™ certified for New Prescriptions and Refills.
- After writing a prescription allow medical professionals to save the drug and the specific way they prescribe it to their Favorites list for faster future prescribing.
- Send prescriptions and receive refill notices.
- Pre loaded with over 3,500 FDA approved medications including all available dosages.
- Supported by iPrescribe website for fast, easy and secure patient data entry. Patient ID, name, phone number, address, birth date, gender, and notes can be entered into the database and wirelessly synced to your iPhone at any time. Patient data can also be entered manually into the iPhone.
- Uses the same encryption technology that the US military uses to protect Top Secret data....
This ensures the security and safety for all personal data stored on the iPhone.
- Secure log-on provides peace of mind in the event you lose your iPhone.
- If you do not have access to a Wi-Fi or cellular data connection you can still write a prescription and save it, for sending when you do have access
- Only qualified, medical professionals with active and valid DEA, NPI and state license can subscribe the service allowing e- prescribing and e- refilling.
- An iTunes Store account is required to download the app and future updates.
- iPrescribe needs an active Wi-Fi or cellular data connection to send prescriptions and receive refill requests
- Supports iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad, iPod Touch.
I hope you will leverage the updated features of iPrescribe app.