Northrop Grumman Company is a well known name in global security, which provide innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems, shipbuilding and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide. Northrop Grumman launched a mobile app that allows U.S. military veterans to have secure access to health information and records from a mobile device.
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) developed MyHealthVet, which gives personal health access to veterans all the time through internet. By Enrolling in My HealtheVet and completing the one-time In-Person Authentication process, Veterans can:
- refill their VA prescriptions online by viewing their Rx medication names (not just the Rx numbers)
- get VA Wellness Reminders
- when available, participate in Secure Messaging with your health care team
Northup Grumman furthered this access by creating a complementary application, “VA-214”, which gives veterans the ability to access their personal electronic health records stored in MyHealtheVet on their mobile device.
If you are wonder, what you have to do, it is simple
- Create a MyHealtheVet account at http://www.myhealth.va.gov/
- Complete and Click...
on “Registration on My HealtheVet” (Obtain user name and password)
- Complete form on In-Person Authentication (VA Form 10-5345a)
- Download the Blue Button App from Android Market Place or iTunes Store
I think Northup Grumman’s mobile app is a great tool for about one million veterans, who are registered on MyHealtheVet. The access and sharing of personal health record will become handy. Download you copy of VA-214 moble phone app and share your experience.