Are you a fan of candy named “Nuclear Sludge”? If you are, you should stop consuming it as distributer Candy Dynamics has issued a recall owing to elevated levels of lead. The candy was manufactured in Pakistan and “Toxic Waste” brand Nuclear Sludge 0.7-oz. Chew Bar candies to include all products under the Nuclear Sludge label.
The California Department of Public Health first detected the contamination found that smaller Nuclear Sludge candies contained 0.101 to 0.311 parts per million (ppm) of lead. FDA regulations require foods to be below 0.1 parts per million.
The statement issued indicated that Infants, small children, and pregnant women are most at risk for potential health risks after ingesting these elevated levels of lead.
- Toxic Waste Nuclear Sludge Cherry (UPC 0 89894 81901 1)
- Toxic Waste Nuclear Sludge Green Apple (UPC 0 89894 81701 7)
- Toxic Waste...
Nuclear Sludge Blue Raspberry (UPC 0 89894 81801 4)
- Toxic Waste Nuclear Sludge Cherry Chew Bar (UPC 0 89894 81430 6)
- Toxic Waste Nuclear Sludge Sour Apple Chew Bar (UPC 0 10684 81410 7)
- Toxic Waste Nuclear Sludge Blue Raspberry Chew Bar (UPC 0 89894 81420 7)
The smaller candies were sold in 30-, 80-, and 120-count “Party Bags,” and 120-count fish bowls.
It was also stated that the recall does not affect any other products under the Toxic Waste brand.