Alt12 Apps is a San Francisco based company and was founded in July 2009. Moto of Alt12 is to develop “compelling and impactful” mobile apps for women. The company launched its second iPhone app geared towards women health. The app is called Pink Pad iPhone app, a central health hub for women. Now, women can track connect with global community through Pink Pad and can get support and exchange information about their health.
Pink Pad has, what’s called the integrated community. This community takes advantage of all-native user interface technology, is extremely fast, and is easy on users’ data plans.
Pink Pad offers:
- unique notepad planner design with animated page turns provides realistic experience of flipping through pages in a journal.
- provides visual calendar and a journal to track your health progress by documenting daily emotions and mood, symptoms and weight change.
- women can plan their pregnancy through dynamic fertility predictive tools. This tool can track average menstrual cycle length, luteal phase, ovulation date and basal body temperature history.
Jennifer Wong, Co-Founder and CEO, Alt12 Apps quoted that
- Women have very unique health tracking needs such as planning for pregnancy and monitoring fertility progress.
- Not only does Pink Pad...
make health tracking extremely easy but it takes the experience to the next level by providing access to a supportive community of women around the world for advice and friendship on the most accessible device, your mobile phone.
The Pink Pad app is available on the Palm App Catalog and from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch. Alt12 Apps plans to launch iPad and Android versions by the end of August 2010. I think this is a useful app for women. Frankly speaking, I am impressed by the goal of the company of addressing women’s health. It is a huge undertaking and we look forward for more products from Alt12.