Northeastern part of US is going through scorching heat wave with temperatures running over 100 degrees. Delaware, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and New Jersey are under “excessive heat watch” and officials are advising against staying outdoor for prolonged time.
Apart from heat stroke, exposure to UV rays for prolonged time can cause skin diseases including cancer. Take advantage of a handy iPhone application “COPPERTONE® MyUVAlert™.” This free downloadable app can help you by providing sun protection information about your family. Coppertone MyUVAlert app can:
- Offer local UV index forecasts
- Custom sunscreen reminders set by you
- Individualized product recommendations
- Provide coupons for your favorite COPPERTONE products
- Sun protection tips from COPPERTONE Solar Research Center
Don’t underestimate the ill effects of UV rays exposure. It may not sound intuitive; you need to take precaution not only in summer, but also during winter. While outdoor exercising or swimming, have customized ringtone alarms remind you of your skin’s protection calls.
Be safe and be healthy!