UnitedHealthCare Group is a Minnesota based company and is one of the big names in health insurance sector. UHG launched an app for iphone DocGPS in December 2009, which has around 20,000 users. UHG is back with higher version of the smart phone app, DocGPS 2.0, which is compatible with select BlackBerry devices, Android smart phones and iPhones, including the new iPhone 4. DocGPS app can help you to find doctors, urgent care centers and other healthcare services around the nation.
The main features of DocGPS app include:
- Ability to search doctor or hospital within UHG’s nationwide network of more than 600,000 physicians and care professionals and 5,000 hospitals
- Provides location of medical facility on a map with directions
- Ability to call the medical professional or facility by tapping on the search result
- Access to UHG’s premium designation of doctors and health care facilities, helping plan participants find physicians and health care facilities that provide higher-quality, cost-effective care
- Ability to search for urgent care centers, making...
it easier for people out of town on vacation or business to locate an alternative to the local emergency room for routine illnesses or injuries.
You can upgrade, DocGPS 2.0, for free on iPhones; BlackBerry Curve 8900, Storm 9530 and Bold 9000; and smart phones powered by Google’s Android operating system v1.5 and later. DocGPS can come handy for you, especially if you are travelling and need urgent medical attention.