You must have seen ladies in advertisements, with cucumber slices on their eyes, while their face is covered with mask (crème). Cucumber is known to relax the eyes and is also used as an additive in many cosmetics. Cucumber, most commonly used as a salad, has many more uses in home remedies and other purpose. I read an article and I would like to go through the home remedies part and then would like to mention how cucumber can help out in some of your day to day chores.
Home remedies by using cucumber
- Cucumber is a cocktail of variety of vitamins that your body need every day, namely, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc.
- Cucumber can save you from the taking too much sugar or caffeine. Afternoons are tough in office and you would like to go for your caffeinated drink soda or coffee. Cucumber is excellent source of Vitamin B and Carbohydrates that can help you survive through the afternoon with the energy you need.
- Cucumber can reduces bad breath – I have had problem after business lunch, especially t Chinese restaurant that use garlic as it creates bad odor in the mouth. I like the Chinese food, but I am not a big fan of mint. Well, a slice of cucumber can help. Press a slice of cucumber to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for at least 30 sec to get rid of bad breath. It is believed that the photochemical in cucumber kill the bacteria that cause bad breath.
- Cucumber, a quick snack - Afternoon or evening snack urge can be quenched by use of cucumber. In fact cucumbers are popular as a quick meal for centuries and were often enjoyed by European trappers and traders.
- Cucumber makes you relax – Message is great for relieving the stress. If you are busy and don’t have time for massage, facial or spa, just cut a cucumber and boil it in water. The chemicals and nutrients in cucumber will react with water and the steam will fill your room soothing and relaxing aroma. Aroma therapy is a good way to relax and the steam produced with cucumber is believed to be good for new mothers and college students.
- Cucumber for refreshing morning – Evening party went crazy and you are worried that you will wake up with hangover or severe headache. Eat cucumber slices before going to bed and wake up refreshed. Sugar, Vitamin B and electrolytes in cucumber will compensate the nutrients...
you lost by drinking alcohol.
- Cucumber is good for skin – You want to go to pool to get some exercise, relax or burn some calories, but you are worried about cellulite before going to pool. Rub slice of cucumber on the affected area for few minutes. The photochemical in cucumber help collagen in your skin to tighten and reduce the visibility of cellulite. By the way, cucumber works on wrinkles as well.
Cucumber and day to day chores:
- I like to take shower with hot water and the steam messes up my mirror by fogging. Rub a cucumber slice on the mirror and eliminate the fog. At the same time, cucumber will provide soothing, spa like fragrance.
- If you wear leather shoes and you don’t have time to polish them, cucumber is your cherry blossom shoe shine. A slice of cucumber rubbed on the shoe, not only provides the long lasting shine, but will also repel water.
- Is any door in your house giving you trouble as the hinge is squeaking? Rub the magical cucumber on the noisy hinge and take care of squeak.
- I personally don’t like the smell of cleaning agents with bleach like Clorox to clean faucets, or sinks made of stainless steel. Don’t get me wrong, Clorox works great, but the odor is repelling. Rub cucumber to get two fold benefits, clean the area and bring back shine by removing years of tarnish. Cucumber is also easy on your hand unlike Clorox.
- You just wrote something with pen and realized that you need correction and even last drop of white out has been squeezed out. Wohla! Outside part of cucumber can help you if slowly rubbed on the pen writing. Cucumber will also work on crayons or markers.
I was thrilled to know so many therapeutic and non therapeutic uses of cucumber. It looks like cucumber is almost helping out in everything and I was wondering what other problem could cucumber solve, global warming? I am sure; some of the tips will be useful to you. Keep reading there are many natural herbs, vegetables, etc that can do wonders for you at relatively no cost.